Like mother, like daughter ...

 My daughter (11) wrote the following speech for her class at school and her teacher kindly sent it to me.

I think what I have been whinging about (a lot obviously

🤣🤣🤣) has gone in:
'Hi my name is x and I am here to talk to you about disability discrimination. The reason I am
going to talk about this subject is I am very passionate people know what disability discrimination is.
All over the world people are building new restaurants and hotels, but these new amazing buildings
are forgetting about laws that were put in place to help the disabled access for these buildings.
These buildings are still allowed to open due to them finding ways around the law.
I am going to tell you a short story about something that happened to my mum. One morning my
mum was going out and so my mum called a taxi. When she was saying goodbye to her PA/helper
the taxi driver would only speak to my mum's PA, completely ignoring her presence.
After a while my Mum had, had enough. She told the driver she could speak. However, he still
ignored her. He even gestured at my mum and spoke to her PA saying "these types of people".
The taxi driver completely assumed my mum couldn't speak properly. This was an act of disability
discrimination.
If we do not act then people will carry on making these mistakes.
Just imagine a world where the disabled can go anywhere they like, sit anywhere they like, eat
without being embarrassed by having to go round the back.
That's a world I hope will be reality because the reality we live in isn't good enough.
Thank you for listening.'
You never know what they say at school...guess it could be worse 🤣🤣
I do have a tendency to rant 🤷🏻‍♀️
😊🥰😊

Comments

  1. My name is Paul Blakes. Around August 1, 2017 started out like any other day at the office with one very large exception:

    While seated at my desk, when I reached for my cup of coffee, my left arm was acting like it belonged to another person.

    One of my co-workers noticed that I didn't seem to be acting normally and asked me if I was OK? When I replied "no," the

    next thing that I remember is my superior standing next to me with EMS at my feet asking me questions.

    I didn't remember much more until I arrived at the hospital Not much time had passed before it was determined that I had

    experienced an acute ischemic stroke. And in a short period of time I was administered a drug called t-PA, a clot buster.

    After I was discharged from the hospital, I didn't get back myself which prompt me to go online in search of drugs with at

    least less complications, that's how I came across a blog that has very helpful to me: curetostroke.blogspot.com, I was

    fascinated when I saw the myriad of cases that was cured by Dr. Allen via GREE-TAG Herbal cure. I contacted Him. After a

    lengthy discussion, I placed my order of GREE-TAG Herbal cure. life has been so different and better ever since my dosage

    of GREE-TAG Herbal cure for Stroke was completed. I am forever indepted for my life GREE-TAG totally restored after just 7

    months of use. I am completely free from Stroke with no track of Stroke. To you Dr. Allen Chase, I'm grateful for restoring

    back my health. Reach him via: drallenchase@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a personal injury solicitor in Cork, Ronan Enright Solicitors undoubtedly possesses a wealth of knowledge and experience in advocating for their clients' rights and securing fair compensation. Their dedication to providing personalized legal representation is commendable, ensuring that each client receives the attention and support they deserve during what can often be a challenging time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me

The many joys of being disabled: Random Sickness and how I wouldn't recommend it.