Mummy ideas: give them a clipboard.

Mummy ideas:  give them a clipboard.
Since my brain hemorrhage in 2013 I haven’t been able
to return to work but I haven't minded too much as I had
always seen the time at home as a complete gift – and even
more so since I became ill (see my post ‘about me’ for the
story).
What mum can just spend all her day concentrating on herself
and her family? Very few these days.  
Ok, I do wish I were able to do all the things I used to be able
to do, but I can't and I have had to accept that. I can assure
you that wasn't easy to do!
So I have had to find positives. And for me, the biggest
positive is that I get to be at home with my children without
feeling guilty.
I hate being bored. As a result I have always spent my time
coming up with educational activities for my children. Here’s
a simple idea: give them a clipboard.
Now, I love a good clipboard - I have always loved a good
clipboard! When we go out for a walk, the children will often
have their clipboards with them.


I provide different activity sheets for them to complete during
the walk depending on season, where they are going and/or
the weather. A lot of it is ‘finding activities’/ticking things off,
counting how many things they’ve seen or now that they are
older asking them questions or asking them for facts.


They are both simple and super popular. Once, a lady came up
to me when we were at the zoo and asked me where she could
get one. I had to admit, rather embarrassingly, we had brought
them with us…(because I am clearly mental!!)


 
I do love an educational game!! Excuse the horrendous photo
of me - it's the only I have and its rather old - the baby is now
7 (!) but I still use the clipboards. Below, is an example of last
year’s ones.


I can't recommend using clipboards enough. The children look
very cute using them, and in my experience, giving them or
(more importantly) making them think they have added
responsibility really helps behaviour.


It re-focuses their attention. For example, round the zoo they are
ticking off animals rather than thinking about how far they have
walked or how hungry they are!


To be honest it really doesn't matter what actual clipboard you use
- this is the link for one for what I think I have:

https://www.staples.co.uk/clipboards/cbs/297770680.html?
promoCode=&Effort_Code=WW&Find_Number=297770680&m=0&is
Subscription=False

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Like mother, like daughter ...

The many joys of being disabled: Random Sickness and how I wouldn't recommend it.