Mummy Ideas: 6 weeks of hell and how to make it 6 weeks of fun.


In 5 weeks time I will have 2 children to entertain predominantly on my own, with no
 car, for 6 weeks - doesn't that sound easy!!

I approach the summer holidays like a military operation. I am looking forward to the
 holidays but like most mums, although they won't admit it, I am terrified (anyone who
says they just love it, is either lying or is just sickening!).

Now, I spent the day yesterday planning activities for the children.  I have a whole
 summer folder with everything in triplicate (1 x my daughter, 1 x my son and 1 x the folder).
 I do this every year. Yes it takes time thinking,  planning and putting it all together but it is
absolutely worth it.

I don't plan what we do daily in advance but I do like to have plans for when they say
 'I am bored'. Between my clipboards,  busy bags and my folder I am fairly confident I
can keep them busy and hopefully away from screens (if you haven't already, look at my
 post about using busy bags and clipboards).

Pinterest is your friend - it has some great free resources. Get organised now (you'll regret
 it in the summer if you don't!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

The many joys of being disabled: Random Sickness and how I wouldn't recommend it.

Like mother, like daughter ...