The curse of October



I suggest you read my blog below about why I don't like October and why
 I was absolutely dreading it. 

However, I refuse to spend a whole month in hiding. I am therefore on a mission
 to make this October epic!

I have got lots of lovely things planned like coffee with a friend somewhere a bit
special, a catch up with a friend I haven't seen for ages and afternoon tea to name
but a few...

I am actually starting to look forward to it. Here's hoping for a good October.



October: my interesting and very stressful month both in 2017 & 2018

October 2017

Well they say things happen in 3’s - I had my son being unexpectedly admitted
 to hospital, my birthday and my sons MRI scan.

Basically my son has Childhood Absence Epilepsy and can fall over for no
apparent reason. Tiredness appears to be a trigger and we had a long journey
which set him off.

I took him to the doctors who promptly (and completely unexpectedly we left
half eaten sandwiches in the car) admitted him for observation.

Telling my husband on day 2 of a new job that our son is in hospital wasn't great!
Also not being able to stay with him in hospital because of my mobility and sight
 issues was not what I signed up for when I had children.

I had parents evening that night which I had to go to - my other child was involved
in it. The headmaster was waiting for me when I went to speak to my son's teacher.

The very kind man asked me if I was ok and how my son was - I was just about holding
 it together - but he was nice to me which is the absolute worst. In the middle of the main
 school hall and to the headmaster and my son's teachers horror I cried.

Now, I can find it very funny - poor  man - he won't ask a lady whose child has been
admitted to hospital again if she's ok - obviously not!

My birthday was very quiet which is what I wanted because I had a cold.  I had some
lovely presents and was thoroughly spoilt.

My son had an MRI scan shortly after my birthday. Let me put this in perspective in
all my tests & operations this was the worst thing for me. I thought it was non invasive
 so it would be easy...

I felt like I was being buried alive - it's the only test I actually had to stop and I had a
lot - so the thought of subjecting my son to it was just awful. 

After all the worry (and there was an awful lot) the little monkey fell asleep and the
result was thankfully normal - with no sign of what I had. I have been told it is not
hereditary but it's always good to check.

October 2018

Again this month was the absolute worst which is surprising as it has my birthday in it!

Basically my mums best friend, who we had grown up with died unexpectedly, a talk that
had been in the planning for 18 months got cancelled, then my wonderful Grandad died
(wait for it: on my 35th birthday 2 hours before his 90th birthday) and then the DVLA
 revoked my license on medical grounds.

 I just think I need to write off Octobers. I mean I was starting to find it funny - could anymore
go wrong!! It was embarrassing when friends asked me how I was...

On the plus side my cousin got married and we bought a new family car which I might not
 be able to drive but at least I can travel in comfort!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Like mother, like daughter ...

The many joys of being disabled: Random Sickness and how I wouldn't recommend it.