Proud mummy moment: Blue Peter


Today I am having an extremely proud mummy moment both my children got Blue Peter Badges.
My daughter wrote a letter in the summer and then promptly forgot about it. I found it mid-December and submitted it on her behalf.
I wasn't expecting a response anytime soon but they replied in 10 minutes to say they were sending them.
I am so pleased and very proud. I am disabled and they have to do - and have always done - lots of stuff to help me. For example, in Lockdown I had no help with housework so we had 30 minutes of daily tidying for months or 'helping me' time with the song, 'high-ho' or 'A Spoonful of Sugar' indicating the start
Although it isn't just lockdown my children have always had to be incredibly helpful and tidy- I can't have toys or anything left on the floor in case it trips me up.
I am so pleased and proud of them.
Those that have read my posts for a while know I don't go to many places because of the constant faf - even when there isn't a virus.
This impacts on my children - they have only ever been to London once, have never been abroad and don't get to do certain things because I can't drive. Although this sounds like they are hard-done-by, they aren't!!
I have got used to the constant mum-guilt so it has absolutely made my day to have all what they do acknowledged - they are simply amazing.
Well done Blue Peter and thank you so much!!
EDIT: I didn't read her letter before I submitted it and putting this on I have just realised that I should only have 1 cloth emblem for me
Guess we can stop looking for other one I thought we'd lost
My daughter is a very kind girl I'm going to have to find out what she sent!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Like mother, like daughter ...

The many joys of being disabled: Random Sickness and how I wouldn't recommend it.